Articles That Peak The Wandering Interest To What Runs Wild In A Natural Unobstructed Presence


Saturday, March 11, 2017

Westinghouse 32" LED HDTV Television That's Actually Made In The U.S.A.. A Personal Look

 :

It's About As Close To A U.S. Manufactured Television As Your Going To Get Unless You Go With A Foreign Owned Manufacturer In The U.S.. Lots Of U.S. Companies Outsourcing Manufacturing Then Shipping The Imported Product In To Sell Retail.


There are some televisions manufactured in the U.S. but the few that are have foreign owners and they just assemble the parts that are imported from overseas. As far as I can tell Westinghouse Digital according to Wikipedia manufactures in the U.S. and is run by U.S. Citizens that are of Taiwanese heritage. This Westinghouse Digital company is in fact a U.S. manufacturing company located in Orange County Calif. but the people that run it have family members that own an ever larger Taiwanese Electronics Company called, " Chi Mei Companies". Somehow Richard Houng became the CEO of Westinghouse Digital and the "Chi Mei Company" through Richard Houng tried to take over Westinghouse Digital then divert all the profits to the "Chi Mei Company" in Taiwan. 
There is a "Westinghouse Digital Taiwan" that is not "Westinghouse Digital U.S.A" so my conclusion is the Taiwanese company "Chi Mei" wanted to move the U.S.A Westinghouse Digital to Taiwans new "Westinghouse Digital Taiwan" and engaged in crimimal activity to do it. While they were trying to do this they decided to screw over a chinese/taiwan creditor of electronic parts and this is what did them in. 

The only problem is that the Westinghouse name is making the profits for these licensed companies and is licensed to "Westinghouse Digital". The company cannot be taken over except through deception. The Westhinghouse parent company does not manufacture anymore and sells its name to other manufactures. I'm not a lawyer so some of this may be off a little bit.


This is a different story so I'll give a link and stop here.


 Tatung Co. vs Family Of Richard Houng

I just wanted a television. My cable service provider just went to an all digital signal in September 2016. Sure, you could still get a picture on your old square box T.V. sets after you received your new "Mini Boxes" the cable company forced you to pay for in order for your T.V. to keep working. I had already changed over to to the now LED flat panels but I still had an old square box T.V. in a back room. I've been wanting to toss the old square box T.V. for a long time and just got around to doing so.

I was searching for a new 24" LED flat panel with 1080P and they just were not around at least in the brands I always purchase off store shelves. I only wanted a small 24" because it would have equaled the picture height on my old square box and I use it right above my computer monitor. The features I was looking for were multiple HDMI ports and an old VGA port. The pain of it was none of the 24" in any brand except for one had no more than 1 HDMI port and none had the VGA or DVI. I did find a 24" with 2 HDMI ports on an LG for $170.00.

LG is Korean made and are the ones that purchased "Zenith". Zenith was the last of all U.S. television manufactures to be absorbed by a foreign company. There are now a couple of U.S. television manufacturers but buyer beware. Vizio is said to be a U.S. manufacturer but it's said they outsource the manufacturing by Consumer Reports then import in to sell. A huge part of the televisions that are now manufactured in the U.S. are by Japanese owned companies.

Westinghouse doesn't manufacture anything anymore. CBS owns Westinghouse now. Westinghouse shut its doors to manufacturing in 1998 or so. Westinghouse lets say, "Rents Its Name Out". Westinghouse Electric is operated by Toshiba though a license and is the Nuclear Energy division of the old Westinghouse company. Westinghouse Digital produces television sets and manufactures them in Diamond Bar Calif. under a license to use the Westinghouse name. The Westinghouse brand is nothing but a paper tiger that licenses its name to other companies who use the Westinghouse Brand Name to sell stuff.

From Bloomberg: Those were the days when American brands—Admiral, General Electric, Magnavox, Motorola, Philco, RCA, Silvertone, Westinghouse, Zenith—owned the market. In the early 1950s, according to the New York Times, more than 90 U.S. companies made TV sets. In 1953 the (now-defunct) Radio-Electronics-Television Manufacturers Association (Retma) reported almost 7.3 million TVs were made in the U.S. This number grew significantly in later years.

Then the Japanese entered the picture, dominating by the late 1970s. U.S. consumers bolted for Sony and other Japanese brands that were offering superior quality at a better price. One by one, the U.S. manufacturers disappeared. And in 1995 the last remaining U.S. television company, Zenith, was sold to Korea’s LG Electronics.

It's already been proven that over 70,000 factories have left the U.S. since the year 2000 due to politicians not taking care of U.S. Citizens and only thinking of globalization that is leaving the U.S. in ruins. What's not talked about yet is all the factories that have been purchased by foreign corporations since the 1960's all because U.S. politicians refused to protect U.S. Citizen jobs. Nobody has any problems with foreign corporations selling their products in the United States just as long as they build their products in the U.S. and not purchase U.S. manufacturing and moving production to their own countries then shipping the product back to the U.S.. Our U.S. politicians should have put a tariff on imported products and force foreign companies to manufacture in the U.S. if they want the profits.

All you need on a T.V. anymore is the HDMI ports. All the other ports are ancient now. You can connect all the new electronics with the HDMI port cables and get the results needed. The VGA is an old port used for video. The computer I purchased years ago and already have had to replace the hard drive (myself) came with a VGA cable so I use it to connect my computer to the T.V. and since my T.V. sits directly above my computer monitor I can switch over to the VGA port on my T.V. and create more room for open pages on my computer. I don't view videos with the VGA port, I use the VGA port to drag open window panes onto another monitor (In This Case My T.V.). For those that are unaware you can move pages and window panes off your computer monitor and drag them onto another monitor.

I was eyeballing the boxes down below the display models and viewed a box that said "Westinghouse" on it that did not have a display model out. The Westinghouse was a 32" and larger than I wanted but it had 3 HDMI ports, 1 VGA port and a few other ports for different style cables plus several audio ports. Westinghouse just added the VGA port to run old electronics on and since I have an old VGA video cable and the computer port I may as well use it :) . The Westinghouse T.V. was port friendly and since it had most of what I was looking for I purchased it.

Wikipedia States Westinghouse Digital Manufactures In Orange County Calif.

This Westinghouse television 32" model I purchased (WD32HB1120-C) was being dumped off for $119 plus tax of course. If I had waited another week I could have gotten it for $99.00 from Best Buy. I found out Westinghouse isn't retailed though all retailers. Best Buy, Target and a few others. I only wanted a small television that had ports I could plug my computer into and other computer devices and this model provided me with the most connection ports of all the smaller televisions. This Westinghouse licensed company is moving to the new "4G" HDTV models.

This model of Westinghouse branded television I purchased has a great picture after the screen burn in. Some other brands take months to burn in but this one did burned in fast. It advertises itself as 720p resolution but is compatible with 1080i, 1080p, 480i, 480p and of course 720p. Most of the "P" and "I" destination resolutions are what the television station or cable service provider is broadcasting in. Fox television and ABC outputs 720p and all other television stations output 1080i. This Westinghouse shows an input resolution of 1080i but advertises itself as 720p? I'm not getting into the input and output resolutions because that's another article. All I will say is most televisions are compatible with most television station and cable provider output resolutions as this Westinghouse is.

Westinghouse Television Products

Since Best Buy did not have a display model out of any Westinghouse flat panels and not even the clerk that assisted me had seen one working I took a chance on the picture quality and am very happy with it. I was looking for connection ports and I have plenty of them. How long will it last? Who knows how long any of them will last. From 8 feet away the picture is splendid much more so than when it's up in my face while I'm sitting here typing.

I purchased one of these "Westinghouse Digital U.S.A." televisions because I couldn't believe the price they were being sold for and they were what I was looking for. So far I am happy with it since the only option I have is to purchase a foreign television. There are very few to no televisions or electronics made in the U.S. anymore. Can you believe this? "The U.S.A Doesn't Make Its Own Electronics At All" and in this new age of electronic communication the United States has to rely on foreign countries to supply us with electronic communication devices. This cannot be happening but the reality of it is, "It Has Happened".


Jim Allan, EzineArticles Platinum Author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep It Clean