Articles That Peak The Wandering Interest To What Runs Wild In A Natural Unobstructed Presence


Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Arvo Ojala Manufactured Gun Belt At The Start Of His Hollywood Career


I do have this gun belt up for sale with a hefty price tag but I only received one offer from guess where? A person starting an Arvo Ojala museum in Los Angeles. I turned the offer down. Patent Pending means early 1950's.

During the early 1950s, Ojala was living in Los Angeles, and working for the Hollywood film studios. "I watched these guys in Westerns," he told a reporter in 1957, "and realized that they were slow on the draw because the cylinder of their guns got stuck in their holsters. I decided the trick was to keep the cylinder free. I began making holsters in my garage. I lined each one with metal so a man could draw without any impediment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep It Clean